Surgical Results and Outcomes
Dr Kardos has successfully performed 626 da Vinci procedures
These procedures include:
- Minimally invasive myomectomy – With a myomectomy procedure, your surgeon removes the fibroids and not your uterus.
- complex hysterectomy – A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus. There are several approaches to removing the uterus, including minimally invasive da Vinci®Surgery.
- Endometriosis resection – An endometriosis resection is the removal of endometrial implants/uterine lining.
- Sacrocolpopexy – Pelvic Prolapse surgery is also known as sacrocolpopexy. During the procedure, mesh is used to hold the affected pelvic organ(s) in their correct natural position.
Successful minimally invasive procedures include 54 single incision surgeries (Single-Site)
Dr. Kardos is one of the only female surgeons and among some of the first surgeons in the country to provide this surgical approach. Single-Site surgeries use a small incision in the umbilicus to do advanced surgery like hysterectomy and myomectomy. This method of surgery provides virtually scarless results.
Plus 28 successful pregnancies post RM (Robotic Myomectomy)
Complication occurred in less than .015% of procedures
- 3 transfusions
- 3 safe conversions to open laparotomy
- Only 1 post operative complication